How To Hide Related Videos In YouTube Embeds
Google recently in 2018 released an update in how embed code works, and unfortunately, that means when you try to share it, the option to disable or remove related videos has gone.
You will need to follow the below to remove them at the end of your videos
This tutorial is a hack to the embed code that you can get on your YouTube videos.
- Get your embed code ” <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4SSp8xDop0M” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>”
- In your embed code, you will see the URL of the video in this video we are using as an example it’s “https://www.youtube.com/embed/4SSp8xDop0M“
- To this URL you want to add the following inside the quote marks ” ?rel=0 “
- So then URL says the following https://www.youtube.com/embed/4SSp8xDop0M?rel=0
- Add this to your embed code
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/4SSp8xDop0M?rel=0 ” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen></iframe>
You can now add this embed code your WordPress website or any website and you won’t have related videos at the end of the video.
For WordPress users when using Embed code on your site you want to be in the “Text”, not the “Visual” Editor.
If you need any more help with YouTube related videos from showing in your embedded code, get in touch with us at The Digital Studios. We’re always happy to help!