You have been sent your HTML file for your new email signature, and now you’re trying to figure out how to get it into Outlook.
In Outlook there is currently no upload button to upload the HTML file.
We have you covered. Here is our step-by-step guide for getting your new signature installed into Outlook.
- Open File Explorer
- Navigate to Users /[Your User Name]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Signatures
- Add your HTML signature file into this folder.
- Open Outlook. ( If you have already got Outlook open you may need to close it and reopen it)
- Select “New Email”
- In the ribbon is a section called “Include” select “Signature” Your signature will now be in the list to use for signatures.
- Select the signature and your signature will now appear in the email panel.
If you only have one signature you can set the signature to default to “New Messages” & “Replies / Forwards”
- Click on File, then Options, then Mail, then click on the Signatures button
- You should see your new signature file in the list in the “Select signatures to edit” box. The name of the signature will be the same as your HTML file name.
- To the right, you can choose from the options “New messages” and “Replies/forwards”
- Click “Ok” on “Signatures and “Outlook Options”